Saturday, April 18, 2009

There's a strange man in my bedroom...

... and he's making me very happy!

Ok, before y'all panic and think I'm having a mid-life crisis or something, not to worry. The strange man is a friend of my husband's (ok, still sounds weird) and he's building us a 2nd closet. I am going to have the walk-in closet all to myself, and my husband will have a standard sized, two-door closet to himself. He'll move his suits out of the spare room closet, and then I will expand my scrap stuff storage to the entire spare room closet, replace the small desk in the room with a large banquet table, bring up the two Ikea shelf units from the family room to the spare room, redecorate, and ta-da, I will have a much more functional scrap room!

I didn't think to take a "before" picture, but here's a "during" picture ... and eventually I'll post an "after" picture!


My husband thinks I should be excited about this because of the fact that I will have a whole walk-in for my clothes, shoes and purses, but really, for me it's all about the scrapbooking!! Lol.

As a happy by-product, building this 2nd closet also means that we can finally finalize a decision re new flooring on the 2nd floor (we're thinking hardwood in hallway and master bedroom, new carpet in the 3 other bedrooms), get it done, paint the master bedroom (which, I'm ashamed to say, still has the contractor's crappy paint from 18 years ago), and finally DECORATE. The master is the only room in the house that has not been officially decorated. We may even get new furniture. Oh joy!

2 comments:

Robyn de Weerd said...

How COOL is that!!!

Barb said...

Woooohooo! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures. :)