Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blog Catch-Up

Good news! Found my camera cord. Turns out it had dropped behind the computer desk. So, the dog didn't eat it after all, lol.

Now that I have my camera cord again I can share a few pictures with you ... nothing exciting, but still ...

(1) I went to Michaels' to buy this the other day ...

and ended up buying this ... Gotta love it when that happens!

(2) The boy and I went to the last Sens home game on Thursday. A great way to start our long weekend! I bought the tickets at the very last minute, and we ended up sitting as high up as you can sit ... the last row of the upper 300 level, right before the standing room only!!! I was actually dizzy for the first little while. Still had a great view of the game, though. The Sens ended up losing in overtime; a little bit heartbreaking, as they had won the last 9 home games; it would have been great to finish the home season with a win. I am really looking forward to next season ... if I win the lottery between now and then, the boy and I are buying season tickets! ;o)

(3) The boy's hockey team won't be going to the finals this year, they lost their last game 6-1 ... it's been a rough season. However, the season isn't over yet - we have a "fun game" coming up this weekend. God forbid these kids should learn valuable life lessons such as, when you lose a semi-final game your season is over ... I think because of whiny parents who want to be sure they get the same value for their hockey dollar as anyone else, we end up teaching our kids that everyone is equal, everyone always wins, etc. etc. which in truth is just setting them up for disappointment when they grow up. I see it in the workplace all the time ... the new young employees come in expecting to get everything on a silver platter, because they were raised in a society where everyone who runs the race gets a ribbon. (Um, sorry about the rant. This is one of my pet peeves. As a society we've gone too far coddling our kids. If it was up to me, I would have said to the team: Hey, you lost. Good effort, but not good enough. In life there are winners and there are losers. Better luck next year. Let's go to the championship game next weekend and cheer the other teams on ... )

(4) The Easter Bunny came to our house this weekend (even though we celebrate Orthodox Easter, which isn't til next weekend. Long story short: basically, the Easter Bunny remembers me from when I was Catholic so he still comes to our house at "regular" Easter). The contents of the basket have changed over the years ... heck, he doesn't even use a basket anymore, he's opting for the easy paper bag solution these days!





















(5) I have to share this image I came across a while back somewhere on the internet ... I just think it's hilarious ... funny with just a hint of the desperation I'm sure many bloggers have felt at one point or another! I know I have. But I'm often guilty of reading and running on my friends' blogs ... enough time to check in on them all, not enough time to leave messages. So I'm trusting blind faith here, and assuming that y'all are out there reading this!

(6) In this spirit of ying and yang, now that I've found my camera cord, my printer/scanner won't work. I tried to scan my latest layout (which I'm really unhappy with, but hey, at least I got one done) - and nothing. It's pretending it's not related to my computer. Argh.

(7) I did lots of cleaning/purging in my scrap room over the weekend. I have actually got a big green garbage bag full of packaging and other odds and ends that I was saving thinking I would do something crafty with them (like boxes to cover with paper, coffee cans to make cute containers out of, that kind of thing). I also set aside a few things for our upcoming garage sale. I can't wait til I can take over the entire closet and finish the organizing job properly.

(8) On the weight loss front, I am now 23 pounds down ... 6 to go. Feeling pretty good about myself, but almost nothing in my closet fits. It's more fun when things are too big as opposed to too tight, but hey, the end result is the same - I have a hard time figuring out what to wear in the morning! I don't want to buy anything else until I'm done losing. I've bought four pairs of pants since I started losing weight, there's $200-$300 I won't be getting my money's worth out of!

And that sort of catches you up on my life, with a few pictures to go along with the words. Hopefully I'll get the scanner working soon - when I do, I'll come back here to post that *&^%$ layout, which is falling apart as we speak, because nothing sticks to the textured paper I used!!!

3 comments:

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Ok, first things first, congratulations for your efforts!!! Too bad it involves having to buy more clothes but it's going to be worth it in the end. =) Gotta love that the Easter bunny remembers you from back then! LOL And that little image is hilarious!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi little sister, yes I am still alive! Worked a lot lately (the whole Easter weekend) Have FOUR WHOLE DAYS OFF!!! I can't wait to spend time in my scraproom and just relax and create (my head is full of ideas and projects I have been thinking of for a long time). I have to decide how to share my work : through a scrapbooking website (I miss scrapping buddies...)or try blogging....Blogging seems great cause you not only show your pages but also share feelings (Reading your blog is like following you day to day. Anyway, I need more time to think it out...Congrats for the weight loss!!! To me, you're always be my beautiful little sister.
Love xxx
Sister D.

Barb said...

You need to use some heavy duty Tombow glue to stick stuff down... nothing lets go after it's been touched by Tombow! :P

Congrats on the weight loss. I have the exact opposite problem with my clothes. lol

And yes, the entitlement thing seems to be running rampant in the work world. I don't see it where I am, but I often hear about it when others around me are talking (i.e. other parents at the gymnastics club, people on the bus, etc.).

As for your cartoon... too funny! I try not to think about who reads my blog and who doesn't. I'll assume if I write anything that irks people, they'll let me know. Other than that, it's all sunshine and roses... and pretty darned boring! That's my life for ya. :P