Sunday, April 5, 2009

Small Burst of Scrapping

Found (or rather, made) some time yesterday and scrapped. Aaaaah ... felt good. Also, kept my hands busy; I've been having a hard time with the diet thing lately, I keep getting the munchies ... scrapping is a great way to stay away from food! More on the diet thing later ... here are the layouts I created:

Twelve


A rare single-page layout. This one really didn't turn out the way I imagined; I think I should have used a variety of font types or sizes. On the plus side, I finished this one very quicky, barely 20 minutes!! Also on the plus side - I managed to scrap the boy's 12th birthday before he turns 13. Lol. Supplies include SEI and Frances Meyer pp, and $ store foam letters.

Merrickville '07


Wonky scan. Layout really looks better in real life. I was in the mood for using up more of the Making Memories Chloe's Closet stuff I bought at Michaels the other day. These pictures seemed to fit the bill. I'm not sure but I think the jean flowers are Making Memories too. The chipboard circle, journaling block and ampersand are Colorbok (bought a baggie of these at Michaels for $1 ... yup, $1!). The E is American Crafts I think, and the T is dollar store. Another fairly simple layout that didn't take too long to put together.

So, more on the diet thing. I'm up to 19 pounds lost now. But, I didn't go to Weight Watchers last week ... I usually go on Tuesday nights, and I was out of town. Too tired to go when I came back on Wednesday. Then Friday night, we had friends over for cocktails and I found myself eating without keeping track of what I was eating exactly ... several cheese puffs, mini spring rolls and bites of the husband's famous smoked salmon later, I even found myself having a cookie with coffee ... and I haven't been tracking for the last 2 days, although I have been careful. Amazing how quickly I go off-track without that weekly weigh-in and meeting to keep me honest. Looking forward to Tuesday, I need to assess the damage and move on. Still have 10 pounds to go and I'm determined not to quit before I get there! I'm just getting really bored with all the "safe" meal options I've been sticking to for the last couple of months, and need to shake it up a bit. Got all excited today because I bought no-sugar-added marmelade (instead of strawberry jam). Pretty sad when marmelade is what gets me excited, huh?

Thank goodness, the next two weeks are 4-day work weeks. The long weekend at Easter is always welcome; and as an added bonus, we don't have any religious/family stuff to do because Greek Orthodox Easter isn't til the weekend after. Hopefully, I'll find more time for another burst of scrapping!

Thanks for stopping by ... have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great LOs! Hang in there with the healthy eating thing... maybe you need a trip to Chapters to find a new cookbook to inspire you?! ;)