Saturday, February 7, 2009

February Already?

No idea where the last 2 weeks went. I've been missing in action, I guess! Here's a quick update ...

1. Bus strike is over - yay! Yet, no buses to my part of the city til April 6 - boo! Oh well, I'm so used to carpooling now, I'm actually going to miss it when things get back to normal. Though I will enjoy NOT leaving the house at 6:15.

2. The girl has made her university choice - it's going to be the Bachelor of Humanities at Carleton U. She's excited; her eyes get kind of sparkly when she talks about it. She got to spend a few hours there last week, sitting in on a class and meeting with students and profs, and I think that definitely helped her in making her decision. She's got the full entrance scholarship of $4k a year and will be applying for various other scholarships too. So proud of her.

3. The husband and I have decided my current scrap space just isn't working out. Is it a scraproom? Is it a guestroom? Is it a junky eyesore? So we've started exploring alternatives and he's been busy designing me a scrap closet which rivals the Scrapbox for storage and scrapping space. I'm pretty excited about our plans; not to mention the fact that the husband now talks scrapbooking with me on a daily basis and actually surfs sites like twopeas looking at other people's scraprooms. Weird, but fun.

4. Still doing the Weight Watchers thing. Lost 4 pounds so far, but that was all the first week ... last week, nothing lost, even though I was truly good. I blame it on the dinner I ate immediately before weigh-in. Lol. Seriously though, I'm taking it one day at a time and I'm making much better food choices than I have been for the last couple of years. Even if I don't lose weight (but I will!), I'll probably add a couple of years to my life!

5. Still seeing my executive coach ... though she started cutting the apron springs yesterday. Apparently she doesn't work with people intensely for much more than a year ... says I need to integrate all I've learned and continue progress on my own but can still check in a couple of times a year. I've got about 4 sessions left with her and that's it. I can't believe it's been almost a year already. It really has been a transformative experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be a leader and not just a manager. There's a lot of self-reflection required though so it's not for the squeamish.

6. Slept in today for the first time in weeks. Yup, got up at 7:20. Yup, that's sleeping in!!! My alarm rings at 5:00 a.m. these days. In order to get this sleeping-in luxury, I had to blow off hockey practice which was scheduled at 6:30 this morning. We also have an early game tomorrow, at 8:00 a.m. I feel bad about the boy missing practice (he really feels bad too ... lol ... NOT), but we both needed to sleep in today.

7. Am going to try to tackly my giant to-do list this weekend. I have people to call, packages to mail, dry cleaning to pick up, items to return to the store, hockey treasurer things to do, and that's on top of the regular groceries-laundry-cleaning-hockey-visiting my mother-in-law routine that every weekend brings (well, we don't have to worry about hockey today of course). Wish me luck! Oh, and I need to start going through all my scrap supplies and tools today ... need to pare down ... I bet I can eliminate 20-30% of my space-hogging stuff that I will never use.

Happy weekend all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, you ARE a busy gal. Wow! Good luck with the cutting of the apron strings with your coach... and the reorg of your scrap space. Cool that your dh is surfing the sites with you. :)

No buses here yet either. Not sure when I'll be done with carpooling thing either. When wave two of service comes back, I'll be able to get to and from work, but it'll probably take me well over an hour getting there and 90 minutes to get home. Life is too short for that... it's usually only 40 minutes in the am and 60 in the pm.

Anonymous said...

Feb already- hard to believe for sure. Even harder to believe my girl turned 18 on the first-It won't be that long for your baby either-"time flies" has become the understatement of the year!(won't mention how old I turned on the 4th- just not a mile marker.. phew!)
Pass on our congrats re: the university/scholarship
Happy V-day