Monday, February 23, 2009

A Layout!

I spent an hour in my scraproom last night doing some clean-up and finishing up a couple of layouts that I had on the go. Here's one of them:


I really wish I had more time to spend in there. There are so many pictures begging to be scrapped, so many supplies begging to be organized (and, oh yeah, used). It's amazing how many supplies I've forgotten I own.

I went through all my scrap mags and made a garage sale pile ... I'm only keeping the special edition ones, the ones with timeless tips on design and photography ... I've realized that the scrapbooking industry is so focussed on creating trends that become outdated within months. While I can get page design inspiration no matter the trendy technique being used, I really don't need four feet of shelf space being taken up by mags from 2004.

So I'm thinking I'm going to sell the scrap mags for 50 cents each, or 3 for $1. Unbelievable, when you think each mag is worth an average of $10 or so (by "worth", I mean that's what I paid for it). But I personally wouldn't buy an old used scrap mag for anything over a dollar each and I'm not even sure if they will move if I price them at a dollar. What would you pay for old (say, 2004 to 2008) scrap mags?

We haven't started on Project Scrap Room in a Closet yet. Last night we came close to deciding to make the whole room into a scrap room, so long as we could still make the pull-out couch work. The logic was that it's actually a guest room only about 2 to 5 days a year. However, there is no way I can fit proper scrap furniture in there and still keep the couch. So back to the Project Scrap Room in a Closet plan. On the bright side, I found a really cool mag on scraproom organization in my stash (who knew?) with lots of good ideas!

In the meantime, I'm going to continue going through my supplies and tools and paring down where I can. I know there are tons of things I'll never use ... I just need to find the courage to part with them!

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new LO. I like how you used the journaling spot to ground your title. :) Ahh... the woes of cleaning up our scraprooms and purging our stash! I've decided a couple of years ago to part with any mag that was older than two years. You are right, with all the trendy stuff that is in there, I usually can't find anything that still grabs me when I used to look at my much older issues. But mine went directly to the recycle bin though... LOL

I hope that you find a happy medium for your room. :)