Friday, February 20, 2009

Eleven

A few thoughts about the number eleven today. The first is a gratuitous boast - it's the number of pounds I have lost so far on Weight Watchers. I am really proud of my resolve and I feel **so** much better now that I am eating healthily, making choices about what I consume and staying well hydrated. On the downside (the wee, tiny, inconsequential downside), my pants are getting too loose and I don't seem to have the next size down in my closet anymore. Darned de-cluttering obsession. I don't want to buy anything new, because I still have 18 pounds to go and am saving all my $$ for a big, big shopping spree when I hit goal ...

The second "number eleven" thought has to do with the size I scrap in. As many of you know, I'm an 8.5x11 scrapper, but 99% of the time, I'm actually a 17x11 scrapper, since I do double page layouts. I spend oodles of time surfing the net trying to find some layout ideas for those 2-pagers, but my scrapping size is definitely the poor cousin of the scrapping world. Most page sketch sites have a token 8.5x11 section with 3 or 4 one-page sketches and that's it. One of my best finds so far has been the Scrapbooks Etc. magazine site, because they have a fairly large number of 8.5x11 page sketches, but of course they're only single page. So here's my challenge to the scrapping world: someone out there could be my new best friend if they started posting 2-page 8.5x11 layout sketches! And while we're at it, here's my challenge to scrap stores everywhere: carry 8.5x11 cardstock - the good stuff, Bazzill and such - and you could be my new best friend too!!!

What were you doing at eleven o'clock yesterday? Like most of Canada, you were probably watching Barack Obama's visit on tv ... I wasn't feeling very well yesterday (I think I caught Barb's low-grade virus via internet ... what ... you've heard of computer viruses, no?) so I had one of those rare stay-home-sick days. I spent the morning on the couch watching coverage of the Obama visit (and the afternoon in bed sleeping, with the coverage on for company). Obama is such a charismatic man. I think everyone he met here, with the exception of our Gov Gen, really faded in the background in comparison. Ok, I specifically mean our Prime Minister. What a contrast... My favorite picture of the visit has got to be this one, where he's buying himself a Beavertail. Or an Obamatail. Can you imagine how this has impacted the life of the teenage girl serving at the counter. Just - wow.

I can think of at least eleven things I'd rather be doing than going to work today, but I won't bore you with them, as they are fairly predictable and include mundane things like staying in bed and scrapping. Alas, it's off to work I go - all set to do 2 days of work in one, and clean up the messes caused by not going in yesterday (and not answering every single email I got on my blackberry).

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've picked up that cold/evil demonic viral infection. I hope it's shorter-lived at your place than it's been here. lol

Oh, and CONGRATS on the 11 pounds. You are so inspiring! :)

And yes, I totally agree with your assessment of the US president. What an amazing man! So smart, so charming and so... I was saying to dh that it's beyond Hollywood-type celebrity status. It's like he's a messiah to some. I don't know how he can live up to all that. *sigh*