Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Start?

Here's what I said in my first blog post of 2009:

"This year I will put a greater focus on my health. I will eat well, I will be active, I will take care of my body and soul (and hopefully in the process lose a dress size or maybe even two). I would just love to lose 20 pounds between now and bathingsuit season (and firm up the jigglies that will surely be there even if 20 pounds are lost). And in order to keep the goal in focus, I will blog about my progress once a month. Consider yourselves forewarned, lol."

So here it is - the dreaded progress post.

It took me 20 days to do something about the above, but last night I finally made my move and went back to Weight Watchers. If I'm going to take care of my soul, I think I need to start with how I feel about my body. I've put on some pounds over the last year or two and I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer comfortable in my own skin. Well, turns out I need to lose more than 20 pounds before bathingsuit season ... turns out I need to lose 29. TWENTY FREAKING NINE, in order to get back to a comfortable weight. Talk about shock at the scale. So. Back to basics. Drink water, track what I eat, think before putting food in my mouth, stop eating til I'm stuffed. When I get the hang of that again, I'll add in some extra activity. Got myself some long johns and a parka at Canadian Tire this weekend, I no longer have an excuse for not walking the dog!

I'm not the only one attempting a new start ... it looks as though my Senators are turning things around (fingers crossed, knock on wood, and so on). They've actually won 3 of their last 4 games, and the 4th was lost in overtime. They're not 100% back, by no means, but I see glimpses of the team that used to be. That makes me happy. It's good for my SOUL. And therefore meets my new year's GOAL. Lol.

If you've made any new year's resolutions, hope you're managing to stay true to them! Is weight loss one of yours? If so, what's your favorite tip?

Ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya! I am exercising, but I'm still eating too much crap. And feeling like crap. Good luck with WW. I don't know what I'll do yet. I made no resolutions, but I am trying to... well... feel comfortable without going to a larger size of pants! lol

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it Nath! =) I'll be cheering you on.

I haven't made any New Year's resolutions. Fortunately for me this year, no weight loss is in the cards but only maintenance. I don't have good tips for you. I'm more the kind to starve myself for a few days after eating a bag of candies... Which isn't that great for your health. *sigh*

Robyn de Weerd said...

Good for you! Wish I could be so motivated.....love you. R

Found a print out of a message you'd given me on CSI soooo long ago....need to find!

Marlene said...

Good luck on your weight loss journey. Weight Watchers is a fabulous program. I found it so important to attend the meetings and may just rejoin myself. After all the weight I lost in the past two years I have gained back some since I haven't been able to run. My goal is to lose what I have gained.

Jennifer said...

29 really isn't a lot, you can do it.
Think positive and stay on track!