Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mid-Week Check-In

Not much new to report. The weekend was fairly uneventful, with two happy exceptions - I got my car back (oh, YAY) and the boy's team won a hockey game (only the 3rd of the season). I slipped right back into my Mom-chauffeur role and gave the girl a ride back from dinner out, took both kids out shopping so they could make a dent on their gift cards, and visited my mother in law. Had a little bit of time to scrap and came up with this:

Fetch the Dog


The expression on the boy's face doesn't even begin to reflect the sheer excitement he felt on the day we went to pick up Lexi. He was in shock the week before when we told him we had decided to get a dog; and I don't think the shock wore off until we had her home and he realized it was for real. The patterned paper and dog-themed stickers were Christmas gifts from the boy. I haven't silhouetted a picture since my early scrapping days ... but I really wanted to include this picture of Lexi having her first drink of water at home, and it didn't fit into the design well. I didn't want to crop it (since I wanted to see her entire tiny puppy body, from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail!). I actually kind of like how the silhouetting turned out - looks like a design element rather than a butchered picture, lol. Not entirely sure I like how the layout as a whole turned out though; kind of busy!

So I just couldn't face the commute today ... the early morning carpooling because of the bus strike is bad enough, but add a snowstorm on top of that - forget it. Luckily I was able to work from home. And work I did. I put in a non-stop day and I'm as beat as if I went in to work. Early bedtime tonight as we hit the road at 6:00 a.m. again tomorrow. Sigh. I'm hoping that by this time tomorrow we find out the strike is over (since the contract is being put to a forced vote) but I wouldn't bet any money on it. We may be in for a long haul.

It's hard to muster up energy on these cold, dark, snowy days of winter. Not that much to look forward to - spring seems so far away. Normally I'd be looking forward to the Sens game I'll be attending this weekend - the boy and I have tickets for the game against the Rangers - but I'm almost dreading the game as the team has played horribly this season and it's almost painful to watch. Double sigh.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Robyn de Weerd said...

I had to look twice...I thought the silhouetted photo of Lexi was a sticker! Nice job!

Jennifer said...

I love it was a sticker too...it looks great!