Monday, June 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. Waving hi to Jean Anne in NB. I think it's cool that you found my blog when you were looking for hockey layouts; and cool that you love hockey too; and super-cool (does it show I was a teen in the '80s, lol) that you are still visiting. Thanks for commenting! For the record, I don't hate Sidney Crosby. I just don't particularly like him in the way everyone else seems to. He's a great player. Just a bit of a baby on the ice and on the bench (though I hear he's a great leader in the locker room and well, he wouldn't be captain if there wasn't something there, eh?). But there are lots of other great players, not sure why he in particular has been singled out as the next Gretzky. Anyhoo. Holding my breath til NHL season rolls around again.

2. Last weekend's shopping-for-house-stuff adventure with dh worked out. We got a light for our foyer and we ordered new roman blinds for the kitchen and family room, along with new verticals for the kitchen patio door. Blinds will be installed on Thursday.

3. Went to Michaels last weekend and bought a $8 bag of buttons - about the size of a sandwich bag. Once spread and sort out it looked like hundreds of buttons. Most will definitely be useable for scrapbooking. Some are big enough to use as weapons ... others, no bigger than seed beads! I've put about half away but the rest are still cluttering my scrap desk. Ergo, no scrapping for this weekend.

4. While work continues to be very busy, lately it's been "good-busy" instead of "bad-busy" and the hard work seems to be paying off. The thing I had to do a few weeks ago which made me cut down my days off from 3 to 2, resulting in less scrap shopping with my sister than originally planned? Turns out the hard work was worth it. It was a major success. I'm less apprehensive now, and more excited, about the challenges ahead of me. Yay!

5. Went for a picnic with friends yesterday ... where the Big Rideau meets the Little Rideau. One of our favorite spots. It was at least 10 degrees cooler than in the city, and quite windy for most of the day so no worries about mosquitoes. I was a bad, bad girl ... sat in the shade for most of the day and didn't think I'd need sunscreen. Paying for it today. You should see my nose.

6. I've got 3 post-office-related procrastination issues to resolve this week. I need to send Robyn her album, I need to send Marlene her goodies, and last but certainly not least, I need to send my brother his fishing stuff, which I've had in my car trunk for over a year. Gad. Don't know why I procrastinate like this. Wish me luck.

Happy week, everyone!

3 comments:

Robyn de Weerd said...

No Hurry Hon! No worries....but thanks again for thinking of us!

Barbara said...

we spent some time by the water this weekend too. It's amazing how much cooler it was than even up by the trailer.

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed the w/e too. The kids have one of those huge blow up pools and I spent most of the w/e in the shade by the pool.