Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

Finally, a day off! Ok, I know we just came off a weekend. But it was a busy weekend (although in a good way), so it doesn't count. And, I had to go to work today. Well I didn't **have** to, I could have booked off, but I'm trying to wrap up a few files before going on vacation and I only have this week left to do it.

We actually had a great weekend, starting on Friday night with a BBQ at the hockey coach's house. What a nice guy, getting the kids and parents together again even after the season is over. We had a nice time, and the icing on the cake for me was that the husband managed to join us for the evening.

Then on Saturday, the husband and I headed downtown, in the rain, with plans to have coffee somewhere on Bank or Elgin and wander around in the rain, which we did. Then we got a call from our friends inviting us to go fishing and have a sleepover at the hunt camp. Which lo and behold, we decided to do (spontaneity ruled last weekend, I tell ya). So the husband, the boy and I left town in the rain and happily discovered that the rain had in fact stopped by the time we got to the lake. (The girl stayed behind and slept over at a friend's). We had a lovely time, a tad too much wine, a very sleepless night (bugs, the boy tossing and turning in the bunk above me, sheet lightning and a thunderstorm and finally, the husband's snoring kept me up for most of the night).

Got up the next morning and had a coffee on the back porch overlooking the pond. Got to see and hear nature wake up right before our eyes (uh, and ears) ... bullfrogs, birds, buzzing insects, jumping fish ... it was pretty amazing.

This is Sparky the Dog. Sparky belongs to our friends with the hunt camp. Sparky possibly had too much wine and too little sleep on Saturday night ... see how pooped out Sparky looked on Sunday morning? I looked just like that too, only no one took my picture. But trust me. We could've been twins.

So fast forward through today (work, ugh) to tomorrow. No major plans to celebrate our country's birthday ... just a quiet BBQ with my brother in law and his family and then maybe a late night drive to see the fireworks. Maybe. Unless I feel like Sparky again.

Have a good one, everybody!!!

PS - Yes, this is still a scrapbooking blog. Be patient. Soon I'll be on vay-cay, and I'll scrap up a storm for ya (hopefully, lol).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the whole "needing a vacation even though the weekend was just here" thing! And the "I haven't posted a LO on my blog in ages" thing too! lol

Happy Canada Day! No matter how you end up celebrating, I hope you have a GREAT day!

Marlene said...

Happy Canada Day! Your spontaneous trip on the weekend sounds lovely. That's that kind of thing i like to do to but my husband, not so spontaneous - LOL.

Mellisa said...

HAHAHA Look at his tongue hanging out. Too funny. I hear you about the vay-cay thing. School is out and I am still working two days a week doing other stuff. I am sharing custody of my nieces for the summer, in the words of my brother in law. A week at home, at week at my house.

Robyn de Weerd said...

It doesn't have to be TOTALLY a scrapbooking blog! You can have real life stuff too! LOL....just look at mine!