Friday, December 4, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like ... my old self!

Whatever it is/was - and I don't think it is/was shingles, I never got a rash - it's starting to get better. Guess what I really needed was rest. Haven't done much of anything this week, and it has paid off. I'm starting to feel like my old self again.

I did spend some time in the scrap room, though not as much as I would have liked. The couch was just too attractive, lol. But here's what my desk looks like:

Which, for me, is pretty messy. And here's some of the stuff I made:




The Christmas album is filled with layouts featuring some of my favorite Christmas decorations over the years. It's a work in progress - there are still some blank pages and plenty of stuff I haven't documented yet. I added a couple of pages this week but I actually got the album done a couple of weeks ago. I got on a roll making Christmas cards too.

My absolutely favorite creation of the whole entire year I think are those Christmas trees above - made them yesterday using foam cones from Michaels, 1/2"x4" strips of paper (mostly from the Making Memories Fa La La line), straight pins, and some gold tree decorations I bought at Home Outfitters. I really like how these turned out and they're now on my fireplace mantel.

The boy and I started putting up Christmas decorations last night - we got the Christmas village done. Today we'll do the tree and the rest of the decorations. I bought some of those new-fangled LED lights for the tree this year, to replace all those old strings of lights I've been using for years. Supposedly the LED lights save you money; not sure about that, considering how expensive they are, you probably have to use them for 30 years to come into any kind of savings!

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Wow, pretty impressive! Great cards, album and trees. I'm happy to hear you seem to be getting better. Take care and try to relax some more. :)

Barb said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. :)
And I love love LOVE that you're messing up your desk again. Great pages, great cards and FABulous paper trees... you sure are getting into the holiday mood! :)

Samantha said...

Wow so many great things you made. love those trees. I'm glad your feeling better.