Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I can almost taste it ...

Only two more sleeps! I'm not sure if I've ever looked forward to a summer vacation more. Don't know if it's because work has been so busy, and I'm tired; or if it's because I sense this might be the last official all-four-of-us summer vacation (next summer the girl will probably be working, might not want to follow Mom and Dad anymore...); or if it's because I need some relax-with-the-husband time; or if it's because I need some scrapping time; or a combination of all of the above. All I know is, I NEED MY VACATION! And in less than 48 hours, I will officially be on vay-cay.

There is so much to do between now and then! Lots of loose ends to wrap up at work. Laundry and packing and assorted cottage preparations to be done at home. And preparatory work for the painter who'll be coming to paint our master bedroom while we're gone. Instead of blogging tonight, I should be making my cottage lists (what to pack, and a menu plan for the week). But I did accomplish two things this evening - library and ironing - so I'm indulging. After all, I need to update y'all on happenings around here!

So firstly, we held our garage sale on Sunday since Saturday weather sucked. And now instead of having half a garage full of crap, I only have a quarter garage full, lol! Actually we did ok, made around $240 or so I think? But still so much left. We may attempt another sale before giving up - and then we'll cart everything left
to Goodwill.

Then on Sunday night we tried out our new barbecue spit (we had to purchase a new barbecue a couple of weeks ago, because ours, which was only 2 years old and had been regularly cleaned, caught fire and basically self-combusted in a fairly major way. Got a full refund from Costco for it though.). Anyhow - check out the meat on this baby. Two lamb roasts and two pork roasts! We ate leftovers til today! It was fun watching the meat spin and slicing off yummy bits. What can I say, we are easily amused! Wine helps. Lol.

Yesterday, I had coffee with Barb and Marlene. We meant to have coffee with Chris, too, but due to an unfortunate Starbucks location mix-up ... we ended up Chris-less. Which was really too bad, but there'll be a next time. It was great to get together and catch up; while I stalk these ladies' blogs, I can't even remember the last time we had gotten together in real life. I think maybe 2006, at a crop. Yikes. So having coffee with these smiling faces was a great way to start my day:


Today, my staff and I had an off-site team-building event. That's what we public servants have to call it. Normal people would call it a picnic. It was an absolutely perfect day for it. Not posting any pictures of people (gotta protect the not-so-innocent!). But check out the food spread. It went on for two, maybe three picnic tables. Yummy. We held the - ahem - off-site team-building event at Rockcliffe Park, which is an absolutely gorgeous jewel of a park just a few minutes past the Prime Minister's residence.

And that's about all the news I have for now. So I'll finish up with a surprise ... yes, I finally got some layouts scanned! It's been weeks since I completed these (basically, it's been weeks since I've scrapped!). The first layout is of the trip the girl and I made to Montreal last summer; and the second one is about how the dog loved to lie down on the boy's hockey equipment.



Almost time for me to go to sleep ... oh yeah, only two more sleeps til vay-cay!!! Ciao!!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Ooooh, I'm so envious that your vacation is almost at hand! I still have a week after you're done, but seriously, I have about three weeks' worth of work to do, so it's not good either way. *sigh* The only upside is that my unit head and our counsel are both on holidays at the same time, so there's no use in my working if they're not around.

Great pic you got of Marlene and me... I usually look awful in pictures taken before noon, but I guess that awesome skinny latté I drank did the trick. :P

And your LOs are awesome. Totally awesome. You have a great way of using tonnes of paper but still producing simple LOs. I love your style.

Hey, good luck getting things ready for your holidays! Have fun with your family!

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Mmmm those roasts look yummy! So far I've only roasted chicken in my bbq. I must try a roast during our vacations. Yeah to Costco for refunding your self-combusting bbq! I love their customer service! :)

I hope that you have a great time at the cottage! I wish for you and me that the sun finally decides to come up and make us sweat a little!

Love your pages! Great colors on the first one! :)

Robyn de Weerd said...

Too bad you couldn't hook up with Chris....I would give my left arm to have met there with you all! Have a great vacation!

Samantha said...

Love those pages! That food looks sooooo good. lol.

Nohemi Tutterrow said...

Uh-oh, I wonder what happened to your old barbecue to make it spontaneously combust. I hope no one was near it when it happened and that no one was injured. Anyway, those lamb roasts look particularly tempting on that new barbecue you got! Would you mind telling how you marinated it?