Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!


Happy Canada Day everyone! Hope your plans don't get rained out. I think maybe ours will!

Well, at least the dog is getting into the spirit of the day, what with the bandanna and all ... yes folks, the dog is wearing an item of clothing! Maybe there's hope for Halloween now ... maybe by then we'll manage to wear down the husband and go for full gear!

So our plans for today are up in the air, but I've get enough food in the fridge and freezer to manage a last-minute get-together with friends. Or a really big pig-out for just the four of us, lol. I am just thrilled with having one day off and can taste my upcoming vacation now ... 17 more sleeps and only 12 more working days!

I still haven't managed to scan those layouts I promised to share, but I did spend some time this morning uploading pictures to the computer (a long overdue chore), including some pictures of my gorgeous girl all dolled up for prom. I just can't wait to get those printed out and scrapped! Here's a sneak peak ...


She's the Greek goddess standing in the middle. Sigh. Little girl all grown up.

Have a great day, everyone!

PS - I hope y'all like the new blog design. I think the pictures and layouts look better against a white background. But it seems a little bit narrower than the old blog ... stuff looks a bit smushed. Unfortunately, since I suck at anything computer related, I have to live with whatever templates are offered by blogger without a hope of doing any customization.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, your daughter and her friends are gorgeous in their dresses! And yes, they look so grown-up. *sigh*

Love your new blog design... very crisp colours. Perfect for summer! I'm boring... I've only changed mine once since 2005. :P

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Wow! She looks so grown up and gorgeous too. And so do her friends. I think she really looks like you on this picture. :)

I hope that she had a wonderful time.

Samantha said...

Happy Canada Day to you too a day late. She's beautiful. They all are. can't wait to see the page you do with it. :)