Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4 (and 3) - Ella's Six Weeks of Sketches

Yay, I got the sketch-inspired layout done on time this week! It's all about managing priorities, isn't it ... I felt pretty rotten about not getting Week 3 done on time so promised myself I would find some time to scrap this week. You can see the sketch here ... and here's the result:

The scan really doesn't do it justice, it's much nicer in real life, lol ... So you may find it hard to see a link between the sketch and my layout but here's what happened ... first I flipped the sketch upside down ... then I stretched it out over two 8.5x11 pages ... then I added a 3rd 3.5x3.5 square picture ... and then it took on a life of its own, the title and journaling just went where my eye told me they belonged. I love how this sketch inspired me to crop my pictures (I realized I hadn't been doing much of that at all lately) and how as a result, I was able to fit four pictures on a layout and still have lots of white space. Cause white space is all cool and trendy right now in the scrapbook world, you know.

I was really disappointed about not getting the Week 3 layout done on time, especially since I had the pictures picked out and the layout all done inside my head (isn't that always the way ... there are so many more layouts in my head than in my actual albums, lol!). Not one to waste inspiration, I went ahead and did that Week 3 layout anyway, and here's the result:


Again, I just stretched the sketch across two 8.5x11 pages. Simple, fast ... zoom it was done (lol). Hmn, colourful too. For both these layouts, I did some major stash usage ... the patterned paper in the first one is at least 5 years old (All My Memories - Herbanella line ... remember those?) and there's a combination of Junkitz, Basic Grey and Daisy D's patterned paper on the 2nd one (weird combo, eh). And I would like to point out that there are NO FLOWERS anywhere on these layouts, which is like a breakthrough or something for me.

So thanks for looking ... before signing off, just a bit of this and that:

(1) Humble apologies to Toronto Maple Leaf fans everywhere. You know why.

(2) The boy's hockey team made it all the way to the Championship finals ... they lost, but it was a close game til the last few minutes and it was an extremely exciting hockey weekend overall (my voice survived, surprisingly; but my cow bell is tired).

(3) When I left work today, it was light out. I had to double check my watch to make sure I wasn't leaving early. Yay!

(4) Only 14 weeks left til the trailer park opens. Woo-hoo!

Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

famille1999 said...

Too bad you didn't have time to do sketch 3 in time 'cause your page is beautiful! I love how you've stretched both sketches. Love this week's also. I need to do mine still. :)

Barb said...

Great job on the sketches! Wow, I'm impressed that you've been doing them all! Nice to see you're back in the scrappin' game. :)

And yes, HURRAY for the brighter skies in the mornings and evenings. I am SO ready for spring.