Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ella's Six Weeks of Sketches - Week 5

Got it done just under the wire - thanks to the husband who reminded me I had to scrapbook tonight, and hustled me upstairs after dinner so I could get it done. Yup, he's a keeper. You can see the sketch here.



I deviated from the sketch a bit ... I had intended on sticking to it but in the end the journaling block looked better bottom right, while the title block looked better top left. Sometimes you just have to listen to what you're layout's telling you, know what I mean?

Yes, that's me in the pictures ... blushing bride, almost 22 years ago ... Sorry about the wonky scan, the title block is a bit thick (I built it up from a cute felt coaster I bought at Michaels ... I bought a pack of them, actually. Funny story, I had a glass of wine sitting on the coaster while I was putting together this layout and all of a sudden it struck me, the coaster was the perfect base for my title block ... !)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

famille1999 said...

Love your take on the sketch. Love the story behind the title block. LOL Sometimes the unplanned ideas are the best. :) I never realized how much your dd looked like you until I saw you in those pictures! Gorgeous bride. :)

Barb said...

Oh my, I love your take on the sketch! And yes, with the light coloured title and the light coloured journalling block, your decision to flip the one side was absolutely bang-on! LOVE it!

(P.S. You were a beautiful bride... hard to believe it was that long agon. You must've been a child bride!!)