Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yes, it's that time of year again ...

...where a girl's thoughts turn to hockey!!

On the minor hockey side of things - the boy has gone through conditioning camp and is now halfway through the sortouts (aka tryouts), which to his delight consist solely of scrimmages rather than drills. He got two goals and an assist in the first game, and one goal (on a penalty shot - nice deke!) in the second game, so he's feeling pretty good about how he's doing. On the downside, the next two sortouts are tonight at 8 pm and tomorrow night at 6 pm, which does pretty much screw up the weekend.

On the NHL hockey side of things - I was relieved that my Sens managed to trade Heatley before the season started. Even though he's the only Senator whose autograph I have! Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have him play for the Sens, but since he asked to be traded and all the media hype etc. - the last thing I wanted was to go to a game and hear the fans boo him. Sad, but true. Sens fans are a fickle lot. I am really looking forward to the start of the season. The first regular season game is the first weekend in October, but it's an away game. I bought tickets to the home opener on October 8, so the boy and I will be there! Yay!


Well thank goodness it's the weekend again, though I can't believe how fast time is going by these days. I got nothing done around the house last weekend, and I'm not so sure I'll get anything done this weekend, either. Today the husband and I are going off to the lake to look at a trailer ... yes, we may become trailer people again ... unless we buy a cottage ... or a waterfront lot on which to build a cottage ... or do nothing. We've been back and forth on this for a few weeks now, just can't decide what to do. Well, what can you expect; once we made a decision to buy a boat, we had to find something to talk about while we sip our wine, no?

Ciao everyone, have a great weekend!

No comments: