Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Putting on the brakes

I can't believe it's already November 25th, one month until Christmas! I have no idea how November happened. Last I remember, I was dressing up for Halloween (lol). Life is way too busy and time goes by way too fast. No time for the good stuff. Do you know that I've only made 5 2008 layouts? And I'm not even done 2007?

So I had taken Wed-Fri off this week because we were supposed to make a family trip to New Hampshire to visit the boy's godparents for American Thanksgiving. And just like last year, the trip has now been cancelled because all of a sudden it seems every last one of the husband's clients want to put an offer in on a house NOW. I swear, the gods conspire against us. But I've decided not to turn my vacation days back in. I worked hard to clear my schedule for 3 days and set myself up for this time away, so I'm going to take a mini vacation at home. I will spa, shop and scrap, not necessarily in that order (we'll see what I feel like when I wake up tomorrow). And I'm not talking about one hour of scrapping, either. Noooooo. I'm talking about spending so much time in that scrap room, the kids think I've left the house. Oh yeah.

So here are the only two layouts I've managed to get done since, I think, September. They've been done for a couple of weeks at least but I haven't had time to scan them til now. Sorry no supply lists (no time - see first paragraph, lol).

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (2008):



Boo (2007)



Hopefully I'll be back here soon sharing all of the layouts I manage to get done this week (fingers crossed, hopes high!).

Ciao!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So how is the dog? Growing big I bet.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya! Glad to see that you will actually take some time for yourself despite the change of schedule. :) Those two LOs look great! I love the second one! I hope that you won't get all guilty on yourself and start doing things like laundry and cooking instead of pampering yourself now... LOL

Big hugs and enjoy your mini-vacations! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, what GREAT layouts you produce! Wow! I love the dog one... well, both of them actually.

Enjoy your mini vacation! I'm glad you're taking the time off. Hopefully your hubby help lots of people buy VERY EXPENSIVE houses this weekend, and he'll be able to get a BUNCH of nice scrappy Christmas presents to make up for you giving up your family trip this weekend! ;) :P