Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Winter Storm Watch?!?

We interrupt any pleasant thoughts you might be having at this moment with the following breaking news ... we are on a Winter Storm Watch. What the? It's October 28, for crying out loud. Last night on the news I saw that the area could get anywhere from 15 to 30 cm of snow over the next 24 hours or so. What the?

I thought it was bad last year when we got a spattering of snow on November 16 and it stayed on the ground. I think I'm ready to trade in October 28, 30 cm for that just about now.

Here's a reminder of what we had to put up with last year:


And I leave you with this scary thought ... do your kids have winter boots yet? Ack!

3 comments:

Robyn de Weerd said...

My kids are just ACHING for snow days! Wait til they figure out that they have to help with shoveling! LOL

Anonymous said...

I know, I know... ick! I haven't looked outside since it started to snow. Blech! But I did leave work early today so I could sneak to Kiddie Kobbler to get boots for the kids before the snow started... they had some older boots that would have done the trick for a day or two, but I didn't really want to procrastinate any longer. *sigh*

Barbara said...

all I can say is that I'm glad it's you and not me ;) LOL