Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed In

and couldn't be happier about it!

Environment Canada is calling for 15, maybe 20 cm to fall today and the way it's falling right now, and blowing around, looks to me like their predictions will come through. Knowing that I wouldn't want to be on the roads today, I made a final push yesterday to finish the Christmas shopping. I was at it until suppertime - came home for a bite, then went back out around 9:00 pm to do my Christmas groceries. Three things about doing groceries late at night. 1) It's great, because you can actually navigate the aisles without having to dodge people especially the large families who seem to enjoy doing groceries together on a busy Saturday; 2) it's not so great, because many items need restocking and people have picked out all the good produce earlier in the day; and 3), it's not so great because there's only one cash open.

So today, because of the weather, we decided not to go to hockey practice and we're also not going to go for our weekly visit to my mother-in-law's. You know what that means? I have a whole, entire day at home to Get Stuff Done. So far I've finished decorating the tree, have put away all the Christmas storage boxes, folded a few loads of laundry, made a batch of biscotti, organized all the presents, and done some wrapping. And it's barely lunchtime.

The boy had a GREAT time playing outside in the snow with Lexi ... until she stole his hat right off his head and played catch me if you can!

I still need to bake some more cookies, keep wrapping, and put together the 8x8 adoption gift album (pages are made, just the cover needs to be decorated). Lots of work to be done, but I'm just so grateful to have a full day at home to do it!

Speaking of the gift album, here are a few sample pages ... you'll just have to imagine it filled with pictures of a sweet two year old toddler from China! In case you're wondering why there's both French and English titling ... little Noah will be raised in a bilingual home.







Have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

We got well over 15 cm...I am hoping it continues to at least blow around for 4 more hours so I can't get to work!

Love that album...the dinosaur is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... look at Lexi! And those biscotti looks so yummy! =) Great album for your friend. I'm sure that she'll love it.

Anonymous said...

I love the mini book! I love the photos of your son and your puppy. I love that you got all your shopping done (and yes, I agree with your assessment of the pros and cons of grocery shopping on a Saturday night!). I love the biscotti... mmmmm.

Have a merry Christmas, Nathalie! Enjoy your time off, and hopefully, I'll see you in the new year!

Robyn de Weerd said...

If you have received this little post, it means that you are a part of my daily life. Thank you for bringing me joy, one post at a time and for always being here for me, whenever I need you. Merry Christmas and God bless you,

Robyn (Hicks) de Weerd