Monday, August 18, 2008

And in other news ...

I know it seems as though this blog has been about nothing but dog lately. I apologize for that, but as previously mentioned, our life has been pretty narrowly focussed on dog so it's been hard to blog about anything else!!!

So in an effort to demonstrate that we do still have a life, here's a few non-dog thoughts...

1: Today is the first day of my second summer vacation. Two weeks plus one Monday off, yay!!! Work has been super-intensive for the last three weeks as I was replacing my boss. I've stepped in for vacationing DG's before, but with my previous boss it was expected to be maintenance mode (ie, just keep the shop running, no meetings with the deputy minister etc.) but this time around it was full-blast mode (many meetings with the deputy minister, which resulted in many new small, medium and large projects to tackle!!!). I'll be looking forward to having just MY job to do when I get back!

2: The girl and I are taking an overnight girls' trip to Montreal tomorrow. Really, really looking forward to staying in a fancy, classic hotel, shopping in the underground city as well as on Ste-Catherine, dinner...(somewhere - we haven't decided, so much to choose from!), visiting a university campus and perhaps walking around Old Montreal, too. We're taking the train, so even travel time there and back will be an adventure!

3: We've rented a cottage for a week, and I'm looking forward to relaxing (swimming, boating, fishing, eating, drinking, campfire-ing, sleeping, and doing it all over again the next day). The husband will likely need to do a bit of back-and-forth to home because of work, hopefully not too much. The kids will probably both bring friends for part of the trip, so the husband and I have decided to camp out in a tent and let the kids have the run of the cottage.

4: It's our 20th wedding anniversary (and my 42nd birthday) on August 27th. We'll be celebrating around the campfire, but later this fall we're hoping to go away for a couple of days, just the two of us. My nephew has agreed to come sleep at our place while we're gone, just so that there's an "adult" (can't believe I'm using that term to describe my 25 y.o. nephew!) in the house at night. As much as I like cottages and campfires, I think 20 years deserves something a little more special ... (actually, a cottage and a campfire without the kids would be special enough for me!)

5: According to the calendar in my scraproom, the last time I sat down to scrap was August 9th. There's half a hockey layout on my desk, I'm actually really happy with how it's turning out and am anxious to finish it! Next, I'm going to scrap some pictures of the dog...(what else, lol...). I have some great Love, Elsie paper and just the right pictures for it. I feel the creative bug nibbling at my soul, but alas, no time to scrap right now!

6: Can't believe school starts again in less than two weeks. The boy will be in Grade 7 (but isn't changing schools - his school goes to Gr. 8). The girl is going into Grade 12 - her last year. I just know there will be many agonized conversations about university applications, this program vs that program, in-town vs out-of-town, scholarships ... we've been having those conversations for over a year now, but nothing has yet been resolved, and we're getting down to the crunch.

Ok, I will leave you with a couple of pictures that prove that we take pictures of things other than dog...and I will also leave you with a picture of dog, because she's sooo cute (thank goodness for that):

Sister M, the girl and I in Westport earlier this summer:

The boy and a bear ... also in Westport earlier this summer (no worries, it's stuffed):
And the dog ... because truth be told ... in the end, it's all about the dog!!


Have a good week everyone ... I'll try and come back and tell you all about our Montreal adventure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, a shopping trip to Montreal. How fun!
Enjoy your vacation, Nathalie! Happy anniversary and happy birthday! :)

Jennifer said...

I hope you have fun on your vacation!
And happy anniversary and birthday!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm back... wondering how your vacation is going. And I'm begging for new puppy pics... PLEASE?!